Facials encompass a range of purposes, catering to diverse preferences. While some individuals seek relaxation and pampering through facial services, others opt for targeted treatments to address specific skincare concerns and attain tangible results.
Whether you’ve tried a facial or not, we’re here to determine the difference between medical-grade facials and spa facials so you can choose which is best for your unique concerns!
Here at Ageless Medical, located in Cooper City Florida, your individual needs are our utmost priority. We only offer treatments that are results-driven, targeting the root of skin concerns such as sun damage, hyperpigmentation, signs of aging, and acne.
In this article, our professional medical esthetics team has created an index, discussing the difference between medical-grade facials and spa facials to empower you on your own skincare journey!
Medical-Grade Facial vs Spa Facial
A spa facial is typically administered by an esthetician using a mix of traditional and modern techniques to exfoliate, soothe, and hydrate the skin. Products used are botanical serums, exfoliants, oils, and facial lotions.
By exfoliating dead skin cells and removing impurities, a spa facial gently treats the epidermis and upper dermis.
Finally, to promote relaxation, the experience is often followed up with an upper body massage.
As a result, the client may experience soft and glowing skin. This is a great treatment if you’re looking to relax and get pampered.
In contrast, a medical-grade facial is only administered by a dermatologist or a medical esthetician who has been trained by a dermatologist to use clinic-grade solutions for treating deeper onto the skin (dermis).
Medical-grade facials can effectively target sun damage, pigmentation, acne scars, fine lines, wrinkles, and smoothens texture.
The facial will begin with an in-depth analysis of the skin and the client’s specific concerns, followed by a customized treatment plan. The medical esthetician employs physician-developed, medical-grade skincare products to provide highly effective facial treatment with visible and lasting effects.
What are Examples of Medical-Grade Facials?
- Chemical Peels
- Medical Microdermabrasion
- Radiofrequency (RF) Microneedling
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) or BroadBand Light (BBL)
- Fractionated Laser Treatments
7 Must-Know Medical-Grade Facials at Ageless Medical
- Chemical peels offer a quick and efficient method to revitalize and brighten your skin. By gently removing dead skin cells, these peels enhance collagen and elastin production- revealing fresher, smoother skin, while addressing fine lines, improving skin tone and texture, reduce acne scars, and pigmentation. Mild redness is common, particularly for sensitive skin, but the result is a radiant and dewy complexion.
- VI Peel is a powerful medium-depth peel that effectively regulates melanin overproduction, making it an ideal choice for addressing pigmentation and acne issues. It is safe for all skin types and targets melanogenesis, reducing persistent post-acne scars and uneven skin tone, resulting in a brighter and smoother complexion.
- DiamondGlow Microdermabrasion and HydraFacial Ultra are unique glow-inducing treatments, designed to cleanse, deeply exfoliate and rehydrate the skin with customizable boosters specific to your skin needs. Both treatments offer a personalized approach to your distinct concerns and goals, however, the main difference lies in their techniques and additional steps.
- HydraFacial Ultra emphasizes deep cleansing, hydration, and antioxidant infusion, while DiamondGlow™ Microdermabrasion focuses on exfoliation, extraction, and serum infusion using a diamond-tipped wand. The choice between the two may depend on individual skincare goals and preferences.
- Vivace RF combines microneedling, radiofrequency, and LED technology for a results-driven treatment. The micro portals created by microneedling enable the precise delivery of powerful RF energy, stimulating collagen production. The combination of these modalities effectively improves specific skin concerns, such as acne scarring, laxity, texture, tightening, and even stretch marks.
- BroadBand Light (BBL) Photorejuvenation emits thermal energy that gently heats the skin’s outer layers. This photothermal energy is absorbed by the skin, gradually diminishing hyperpigmented lesions and redness while stimulating collagen production. BBL incorporates cooling technology to minimize any potential discomfort during the procedure.
- If you’re looking to treat more than the surface of the skin, MOXI laser is the next step to elevating your facial treatments. MOXI targets sun damage and signs of aging. This fractionated laser treatment requires minimal downtime and utilizes gentle technology, making it an ideal option for regular skin maintenance to achieve desired results.
Why Choose a Medical-Grade Facial?
Medical-grade facials are administered in a highly regulated clinic.
At Ageless Medical, our physicians, nurses, and medical aestheticians follow a standard protocol to achieve your desired aesthetic and therapeutic results with the safest devices and techniques.
It’s important that we follow our patient’s unique skincare journey, so we offer individuals a personalized treatment plan specific to their needs and goals.
Our comprehensive treatment plan offers more than just treatment recommendations. We go the extra mile by assessing your skin and recommending the most suitable medical-grade products.
Additionally, we provide guidance on proper home care to ensure you can maintain and continuously improve your results. Your success is our success, and we are committed to supporting you every step of the way.
- Personalized treatment plan with targeted recommendations.
- Assessment of your skin for optimal product selection.
- Guidance on proper home care beyond treatments.
- Commitment to your long-term success and continuous improvement.
Start Your Unique Skincare Journey with Ageless Medical
Book a consultation today with one of our treatment designers and experience our top-level service and care!